Wednesday, August 12, 2015

New blog

Hello reader!

I am starting a PhD! Through this blog I plan to share my experiences and thoughts about the journey towards a doctorate. I recently completed my masters in electrical engineering and have joined a PhD programme in electrical and computer engineering. Hopefully this blog will not devolve into yet another advice column. May be it will. Who knows? I just hope that you find the posts informative and useful. 

About my user name:

Wikipedia says
"Imposter Syndrome is a psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments. Despite external evidence of their competence, those with the syndrome remain convinced that they are frauds and do not deserve the success they have achieved."

I have this doubt that I may not be good enough for a PhD. But, having talked to a lot of people about this, I have now come to realise that almost everyone suffers from this. So, if you think the same, try not to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment